|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F, 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
2. Soften the butter but don-€™t melt it completely. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the mixture and beat well.
3. Sift in the flour till well mixed and then drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture on to a baking sheet and bake till done.
4. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and lemon juice to form a thin paste. Spread this mixture over the cooled biscuits and set aside to cool
5. Serve immediately and pack carefully in a large box for later use