Lemon Blossom Snowballs
|Shortening/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream shortening, sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
3. Further, add egg to the creamed mixture.
4. Beat the mixture until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together.
6. Add the sifted mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice and water.
7. Then, add chopped nuts and stir well.
8. Allow the dough to chill.
9. With floured hands, form small balls ou of the dough.
10. Place these balls 1 inch apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
11. Bake the batter for about 8-10 minutes.
12. Remove the cookie from the aheet and roll immediately in confectioners sugar.
13. Cut into squares and serve at once.