Lovely Lemon Squares
|Skinny pie crust||1|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Heat oven to 425°F.
2) Use vegetable spray over an 8 x 8-inch pan.
3) Roll out piecrust into an 8-inch square and place over base of pan
4) Place on middle shelf of oven and bake blind for about 10 minutes till lightly browned.
5) Take out of oven and lower heat to 350°F.
6) In a bowl, add eggs and honey and lightly whisk.
7) Combine flour and baking powder and sift.
8) Whisk to blend.
9) Add into the egg mix while beating.
10) Add in lemon juice and extract, beat and then pour over the crust.
11) Place on middle shelf of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
12) Cool and cut into 9 squares.
13) Sprinkle with lemon rind and serve.