Fried Tilapia With Lemon And Capers
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , ends removed and thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Caper||2 Tablespoon, rinsed|
1. Salt and pepper the tilapia fillets and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour.
2. Spread the all-purpose flour across a plate.
3. Take a tilapia fillet and gently pat each side into the all-purpose flour. You're looking to lightly coat the tilapia fillet. Repeat.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan and add the lemon slices. Fry for about 5 minutes and remove.
5. In batches fry the tilapia fillets in the lemon infused olive oil for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place on your serving dish.
6. Increase the heat of the sauté pan to high and add the lemon slices, unsalted butter, and capers.
7. Gently stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Spoon the sauce over the tilapia fillets and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg18.7%
Sodium 622.7 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 22 g44.4%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet