Veal Medaillons With Lemon On A Bed Of Spinach
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallops||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Veal scallops||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped (Or A Handful)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baby spinach||10 Ounce|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated or ground|
1. In a skillet over moderate heat, cook flour, butter and oil for 2 or 3 minutes.
2. Whisk in broth, turn sliced veal in thickened sauce for 3 or 4 minutes and transfer veal to a warm platter.
3. Seasoning with salt and pepper, add lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped parsley to the remaining sauce in the pan and remove from heat.
4. In a second skillet over medium-high heat and in a splash of water wilt spinach.
5. Drain the spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. To assemble, take 2 dinner plates divide the spinach between them and top with veal and pan sauce.
7. Serve as desired.