|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Pound, cut into small pieces (3 1/2 Sticks)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Strained lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (60 Milliliter)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare the crust in a large bowl, mixing together flour, sugar and salt.
3) With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the mixture till resembling coarse cornmeal.
4) Make the dough to a rough ball and with hands press it onto the bottom and sides of a 17-by-l2-by-l-inch baking sheet.
5) Place in oven and bake for 1 5 minutes till lightly browned.
6) Take off from oven and leave oven set at 350 degrees F.
7) Prepare filling in a large bowl, beat eggs and mix with the sugar.
8) Add zest and stir in lemon juice.
9) Sift flour and baking powder together. Add the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
10) Pour the mixture on the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes.
11) Place in a rack and let cool completely.
12) With a sharp knife cut into squares and dust with confectioners' sugar.
13) Pack in single layer in a portable container place in a cooler.