|Confectioners' sugar||10 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 (From 1/2 Lemon)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sieved apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Take 2 cookie sheets, grease with butter and keep aside.
3. Take a deep bowl, add butter and using a wooden spoon, cream butter.
4. Beat in sifted confectioners' sugar till mixture turns creamy, pale and fluffy.
5. Add lemon rind along with flour and stir the mixture to prepare a soft dough.
6. Take a pastry having a medium star pastry tube and spoon the mixture into it.
7. Pipe 20 shell shapes onto greased cookie sheets, with considerable space in between 2 shells.
8. Place in refrigerator for half an hour to chill.
9. Transfer to oven center and bake for 25 minutes or till they turn pale brown.
10. Combine sifted confectioners' sugar and lemon juice to prepare glaze of coating consistency.
11. Take out the baked cookies. Apply sieved jam followed by lemon glaze on them.
12. Replace in the oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
13. Take out, transfer to wire rack to cool and become crispy.
14. Serve as required.