|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the lemon rind and egg and beat well.
3) Stir in the lemon juice and water.
4) Combine and sift the flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
5) Add into the creamed ingredients and blend well.
6) Stir in the nuts.
8) Shape the dough into small balls using floured hands.
9) Arrange about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11) Remove immediately from the baking sheet and coat with confectioners' sugar.
12) Serve as a snack.