Lemon Dairy Sponge cake
|Caster sugar||75 Gram|
|Self raising flour||75 Gram|
|Double cream||180 Milliliter|
|Lemon curd||30 Milliliter (2 X 15 Ml Spoons)|
1) Grease two sandwich tins of 7-inches each and use greased greaseproof paper to line them.
2) In a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of hot water, put the eggs and sugar and whisk them till the mixture is thick, white and creamy. When lifted, the whisk should leave a trail.
3) Take the pan off the heat and whisk for another 2 minutes.
4) Sieve in the flour and fold it in the mixture very carefully.
5) Between the prepared tins, divide the mixture and bake for about 20 minutes in a moderately hot oven. Bake till the tops spring readily back then lightly pressed with fingertips.
6) Turn the cakes on to a wire rack and let them cool.
7) Till it has thickened, whisk the cream and add the lemon curd. Blend well.
8) Use the lemon cream mixture to sandwich the 2 cakes together.
9) To freeze the preparation, wrap it in foil and a polythene bag, seal, label and place in the freezer.
10) Thaw the frozen cake overnight in the fridge or for about 4 hours at room temperature, unwrap and serve as preferred after sprinkling with sugar.