Fried Plaice With Lemon
|Browned breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable fat||1 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Lemon wedges||2 (To Garnish:)|
1. Get some plaice fillet from the fishmonger. Divide the fish into 4 fillets and remove the skin.
2. Dip the fish fillets in beaten eggs. Season well and coat in browned breadcrumbs. Pat the coating firmly.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the fat and add the fillets. Fry until golden brown from both sides for 6-8 minutes.
4. Garnish with lemon wedges.
5. Serve the whole dish at once with grilled tomatoes and sautéed or chipped potatoes.