Monkfish Skewers with Courgette and Lemon
|Monkfish tail||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the monkfish into 5 cm/2 inch chunks. Cut the courgettes (zucchini) into thick slices and the lemon into wedges.
2. Thread the monkfish, courgettes (zucchini), lemon, tomatoes and bay leaves on to 4 skewers.
3. To make the basting sauce, combine the oil, lemon juice, thyme, lemon pepper and salt to taste in a small bowl.
4. Brush the basting sauce liberally all over the fish, lemon, tomatoes and bay leaves on the skewers.
5. Cook the skewers on the barbecue (grill) for about 15 minutes, basting frequently with the sauce, until the fish is cooked through.
6. Serve the kebabs with green salad leaves and warm, fresh crusty bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1039 Calories from Fat 607
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.5%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.4 mg37.8%
Sodium 678.5 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 74 g147.7%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 295%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet