Lemon Marinated Swordfish Kabobs
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaves||15 Large (Preferably Fresh, Or Dried)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Swordfish steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (Four Steaks, 1 1/4-Inch-Thick)|
1) Rinse lemons and pat dry. Remove the zest of one lemon, using a vegetable peeler, in long thin strips. Avoid peeling off the white pith.
2) Squeeze the juice out of the lemon to measure about 1/4 cup. Chop the remaining lemons into 12 wedges.
3) Wash swordfish and pat dry with paper towels. Chop it into 16 1 1/2 inch cubes.
4 ) Preheat the broiler.
5) Take a large glass or ceramic dish (big enough to place swordfish in single layer) and combine, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, 3 bay leaves, and pepper. This mixture will serve as the marinade.
6) Put in the sword fish cubes in the marinade and toss to coat it well. Wrap a plastic around the dish and place it in the refrigerator to allow fish to marinade for about 30 minutes.
7) Now, take four, 15 inch skewers and arrange fish cubes, alternatively between lemon wedges and bay leaves. Place the skewers on 13 x 9 x 2 inch heatproof baking pan and sprinkle marinade over the skewers.
8) Place the baking pan about 4 inches away from heat and broil the kabobs for 5 minutes. Flip the skewers and broil for another 5 minutes.
9) Transfer kabobs to 4 serving plates and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1398 Calories from Fat 739
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.7%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 270 mg90%
Sodium 612.5 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.5%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 137 g273.1%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 347.4%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 71.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet