Golden Carrot Lemon Squares
|Melted margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cooked mashed carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a large mixing bowl and mix together margarine and sugar in it.
3) Add one egg at a time to this mixture and beat well after each addition.
4) Beat in carrots, flour, and baking powder for 1 minute.
5) Further stir in 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract and vanilla.
6) Take a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan and spoon the mixture into it, spreading to edges.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes and allow cooling.
8) For the glaze, mix powdered sugar, water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract and stir until smooth and pour over cooled cake.
9) Set aside until glaze is firm.
10) Serve after cutting into squares.