|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 350° F (180°C).
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter.
3) Electric Mixer Method cream butter and shortening together.
4) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
5) Mix eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind till done.
6) Take a medium bowl and mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
7) Gently mix to creamed mixture and blend well.
8) Food Processor Method peel rind from lemon. With a metal blade process rind and 2/3 cup (150 ml) of sugar.
9) In the workbowl add butter and shortening till creamy.
10) Add remaining sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
11) Keep the processor running and add eggs and lemon juice.
12) Take a medium bowl and mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
13) Pour in the workbowl one third of the mixture at a time. Blend finely each time.
14) From the dough form balls approximately 1-1/4" in diameter.
15) Bake for 10-12 minutes till golden.
16) Sprinkle granulated sugar on the cookie
17) Keep on racks to cool.
18) Lemon supreme make a great tangy and tasty snack.