|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
1. Lightly grease a jelly mould with oil.
2. Using a fine grater, grate the lemon rind taking care not to grate the pith.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon rind, sugar and half the milk. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
5. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining milk with the gelatin.
6. Place the pan on a low flame and heat the milk, stirring to dissolve the gelatin.
7. Pour the hot milk into the cold milk mixture and stir to dissolve the sugar.
8. Finally stir the lemon juice into the milk mixture. The milk will curdle slightly.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased jelly mould and cover the mold with butter paper or plastic wrap.
10. Refrigerate for 5 hours until set.
11. To unmould the jelly, dip the mould in luke warm water for 5 seconds and upturn on a cold dessert plate. Give a sharp tap to unmould it onto the plate.
12. The jelly will have two layers, clear jelly at the top and curd at the bottom.
13. Garnish with lemon twists and serve chilled.
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg4%
Sodium 56.1 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 49 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet