|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar to make it light and creamy.
3. Put lemon rind and eggs in the mixture and stir well.
4. Add lemon juice and water to it.
5. Sieve flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt and put it into creamed mixture.
6. Add nuts and refrigerate.
7. Put flour on hands and roll the dough into small balls.
8. Take an ungreased baking sheet, put the balls on it with a spacing of an inch.
9. Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
10. Once baked, roll on confectioner’s sugar.
11. Serve with beverages.