|Water||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Sugar||5 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Lemon||2 , grated rind and strained juice|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1. In a small cup, mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water.
2. In a medium saucepan, boil ¾ pint of water over a high flame.
3. When the water is boiling, take pan off the heat and stir in the cornflour mixture.
4. Return the pan to the flame and boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously till it thickens.
5. Add the sugar and stir till it dissolves.
6. When the mixture has slightly cooled, add the lemon rind and juice. Allow to cool completely.
7. In a clean glass bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
8. Gently fold the stiff egg whites into the cooled mixture using a plastic spatula.
9. Pour the mixture into individual dessert moulds and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
10. To make the custard sauce, in a small heavy bottomed saucepan, lightly beat egg yolks, sugar and milk.
11. Place the saucepan on a low flame and cook slowly, stirring constantly until it thickens to coat the back of the spoon.
12. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
13. Serve the chilled lemon delight with the custard sauce poured on top.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.7 mg21.9%
Sodium 35.4 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet