Pasta with Courgettes, Rosemary and Lemon
|Dried pasta shapes||12 Ounce, dried (Example, Rigatoni, 350 Gram)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Use The Good Quality)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Courgettes||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chopped rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chopped freshly|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemons||2 , zested and juiced|
|Pitted black olives||1 Ounce, roughly chopped (25 Gram)|
|Pitted green olives||1 Ounce, roughly chopped (25 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta.
2. Return to the boil and cook until al dente or according to the packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, when the pasta is almost done, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic.
4. Cook over a medium heat until the garlic just begins to brown. Be careful not to overcook the garlic at this stage or it will become bitter.
5. Add the courgettes, rosemary, parsley and lemon zest and juice. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the courgettes are just tender.
6. Add the olives to the frying pan and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
7. Drain the pasta well and add to the frying pan. Stir until thoroughly combined. Garnish with lemon and sprigs of fresh rosemary and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1738 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 687.7 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.7%
Dietary Fiber 29.8 g119.3%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 54 g108.3%
Vitamin A 64.2% Vitamin C 427.6%
Calcium 29% Iron 66.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet