|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope, unflavored)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan.
2. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in sugar, water, lemon peel, and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
4. Chill until soft-set.
5. Turn gelatin mixture into large bowl.
6. Add unbeaten egg whites.
7. Beat at high speed until mixture is fluffy and begins to set, 7-10 minutes.
8. Pour into mold or individual serving dishes and chill. garnish as desired.