Golden Lemon Squares
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Mashed cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooled|
|Lemon glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Blend flour and baking powder.
2. Put butter and extracts into bowl of electric mixer and add sugar gradually, beating thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add carrots and flour mixture; beat 1 minute. Turn into a greased 15x10x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
4. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. Spread with glaze; let stand until glaze is set. Cut into squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5078 Calories from Fat 2205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 250 g383.9%
Saturated Fat 135.3 g676.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg443.2%
Sodium 1301.8 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 656 g218.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 410.2 g
Protein 59 g118.9%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 57.4% Iron 97.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet