Golden Lemon Squares
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Mashed cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooled|
|Lemon glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Blend flour and baking powder.
2. Put butter and extracts into bowl of electric mixer and add sugar gradually, beating thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add carrots and flour mixture; beat 1 minute. Turn into a greased 15x10x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
4. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. Spread with glaze; let stand until glaze is set. Cut into squares.