Dutch Oven Arroz Con Pollo has always been a favorite of mine. It means chicken with yellow rice. Loaded with onion, red bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, rice and chicken.This is a simple dish to make that is full in flavor, has great colors and textures. The chicken ends up fork tender and amazing in flavor.
Boneless chicken breast
3 Pound, rinse and cut (or chicken thigh)
1 , chopped
Red bell pepper
2 , seeded, cut into strips
1 , seeded, thinly sliced
4 Large, mince
Coarse black pepper
Long grain white rice
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Diced tomatoes with green chilies
14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place Dutch oven about 6-inch above the fire and pour olive oil in it.
3. Add chicken in hot oil and season with garlic powder and pepper. Cook until browned.
4. Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
5. Saute onion and peppers in the same pot. Add garlic, turmeric, ground pepper, oregano, paprika, chilli powder, and rice. Stir well after each addition.
6. Add tomato paste, diced tomato, and chicken broth.
7. Return cooked chicken into the pot and push it under the liquid, but keep it on top of rice and vegetable.
8. Cover and raise the Dutch oven 10-inch above the fire. Place 12 hot coals on top and cook at 350 degree F for 30 minutes.