These delicious appetizers are simple to make and can be served as a side dish. I hope you enjoy making this recipe:
1 Teaspoon, crushed
2 Cup (32 tbs) (deep frying)
For soaking plantain
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a bowl of cold water put salt, mix and set aside.
2. Peel Plantain and shred with large shredder. Place shreds in salted water and soak for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes drain shreds and blot remaining water with paper towel.
4. Mix Plantain shreds with garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pre-heat a pan filled with approximately a 1/4 inch of oil on medium heat (about 350 degrees).
6. While oil is heating, take tablespoonfuls of the plantain shred mixture and make a ball. Repeat until mixture is finished.
7. Place plantain ball on a flat surface and flatten with hand or back of spatula.
8. Pick up an aranita and place it gently into the hot oil. Fry on medium until golden. Drain on a paper towel.