This spicy tofu dish offer a great way to get plant-based protein into your diet
2 Tablespoon, chopped without stem
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon, divided
Red wine vinegar
6 Clove (30 gm), minced
Flat leaf parsley
1 Tablespoon, chopped
Chipotle and adobo sauce
Fresh oregano leaves
1. Cut the tofu into 1 inch thick slices.
2. Line a baking dish with kitchen towel and place the tofu slices on it. Then, cover it with another clean kitchen towel; set aside for the water to drain.
3. To make the marinade, in a blender container, combine mushroom, 1 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, chipotle pepper and oregano.
4. With immersion blender, blend the marinade ingredients until it is nearly smooth.
5. Remove the towels from the baking dish and keep the tofu slices in the same baking dish.
6. Spoon the marinade over the tofu, spread the marinade and turn the tofu to coat on both sides; let the tofu marinate for 30 minutes turning tofu now and then.
7. In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat and place the marinated tofu in the skillet.
8. Cook the tofu for 6-8 minutes in total until brown and heated through, turning once.
9. Serve Pan Grilled Latin-style Tofu with a glass of California wine.