How To Make Lasagna With Beef, Wine, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Fresh Herbs
|Spaghetti sauce||96 Ounce (Classico, 4 Jars of 24 ounces)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cabernet Sauvignon)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Lasagna noodles||12 Ounce|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Fresh italian parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Mushrooms||4 , mince|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Centiliter (Optional)|
1. Chop the fresh basil and fresh parsley, mince the mushrooms and keep it aside in separate bowls.
2. Preheat the oven at 375 degree, while the sauce is simmering.
3. In a medium size pan over medium heat pour olive oil and sauté the onion and the mushroom for 15 minutes or until the onions have caramelized.
4. In the meantime in another pan place the ground beef and break it up, add salt and pepper and stir them well, brown the meat completely.
5. In another pot boil the lasagna noodles in water, cook as per manufacturer instructions.
6. In another pot pour the spaghetti sauce followed by the cooked ground beef and caramelized onions, mix everything well and let it simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
7. Add red wine, parsley and basil, stir and cover the pot and leave it to simmer.
8. Drain the pasta water once done, and layer them separately so that they don’t stick to each other.
9. In a glass baking dish spread the sauce in the bottom of the dish and start laying the pasta sheets.
10. Spread the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese; repeat the same steps until all the pasta is over and the top layer is of cheese.
11. Cover it with foil and place the glass baking dish over a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
12. After 30 minutes remove the foil and bake it again for 10 more minutes to brown the cheese on top.
13. Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.
14. Serve the lasagna along with crusty garlic bread.
Calories 853 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.8 mg35.6%
Sodium 1831.5 mg76.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 55.2% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet