Pumpkin Lasagna & Pumpkin Spice Cake
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||26 Ounce|
|Ricotta cheese||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Mozarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lasagna noodles||1 Kilogram|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All spice||4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat your oven at 350F.
2. For making pumpkin lasagna, in a saute pan, pour some oil and saute the onions until they are translucent.
3. Add the sausage meat to the pan and once they turn slightly brown add the mushrooms, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Once the mushrooms are cooked, pour the wine and let it slowly reduce on its own.
5. Add basil, oregano and tomato sauce and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree and egg and set it aside.
7. In a separate bowl, add ricotta cheese, mozzarella, pecorino romano and mix it together using a spatula.
8. Put a nice ladle of the sauce and spread the bottom of your lasagna dish and top with lasagna noodles.
9. Top the noodles with half of the pumpkin mixture and spread it out evenly.
10. Cover that with half the zucchinis and cheese mixture and top that with another layer of sauce.
11. Repeat the same process by making another layer of noodles, pumpkin mixture, zucchinis and cheese mixture and lastly top the layer with grated mozzarella cheese.
12. Place it into the oven for 40 minutes until it nice and bubbly.
13. For making pumpkin spice cake, in a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, and salt, whisk it together and set aside.
14. Combine a cup of pumpkin puree, butter milk and vanilla and set it aside.
15. Combine white sugar, butter and bring to a light and fluffy kind of consistency.
16. Add 3 eggs one at a time add 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture and mix it well using all the mixture bit by bit.
17. Put the cake batter into the greased bundt pan for 45 minutes.
18. Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, put powdered sugar and to that add butter milk and mix well forming a nice drizzle frosting.
19. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before serving.
20. Serve the baked lasagna hot and serve the cake drizzled with frosting as dessert.
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 142.4 mg47.5%
Sodium 935.8 mg39%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 36 g71.1%
Vitamin A 97% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet