This fabulous twist on classic lasagna is perfect for cold weather months when hearty ingredients are bountiful. This recipe uses butternut squash, kale, leeks, sweet potatoes and a classic French Mother sauce called "Sauce Bechamel."
1⁄2 Pound, rinsed
2 Medium, thinly sliced
3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Medium (no boil, 1 package)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon (+ 1 tablespoon for cooking kale)
1 Teaspoon, chopped finely (+ 1/2 teaspoon for cooking kale)
1⁄4 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cooking kale)
1 Large, chopped (for cooking kale)
1) Slice the leeks roughly and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) In a large pot, saute the shallot and garlic in olive oil for a few seconds. Then add the kale and chicken broth and cook for about 40 minutes until the kale is soft and tender.
4) In a dutch oven, add the olive oil, leeks, garlic and seasoning. Stir the ingredients and saute until the leeks are tender.
5) In a lasagna tray, assemble lasagna by spreading sauce Bechamel at the bottom, then the lasagna sheets, sweet potato slices, cooked leeks, cooked kale, cheese, seasoning and sauce Bechamel. Repeat to make another layer.
6) Top the layers with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the seasoning.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes until bubbly and starting to brown on top. The sweet potatoes should be cooked until they are fork tender.
8) Slice the Lasagna and spoon onto a serving plate. Garnish with a rosemary sprig, drizzle with some balsamic syrup and serve immediately.