Polenta Lasagna- from the "Glycemic Index Cookbook for Dummies"
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||2 , sliced lenghtwise (1/4 - 1/8 inch slices)|
|Portabello mushrooms||50 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Polenta||18 Ounce, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Basil pesto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mozarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded and divided|
|Low carb marinara sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Vegetable cooking spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat oil and sauté zucchini, mushrooms and onion with salt and pepper for 6 -8 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Line the baking dish with a slice of polenta and top each slice with a little pesto.
4. Add the vegetables in a layer and top with basil, thyme and one half cup of mozzarella cheese.
5. Then spread 1 cup of marinara sauce over the dish.
6. Place the remaining polenta on top and cover with remaining marinara sauce.
7. Bake the dish uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes.
8. Add the remaining ½ cup cheese and place the dish under the broiler only for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is lightly brown.
9. Serve Polenta Lasagna with green salad.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.8 mg3.9%
Sodium 326.6 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet