Homemade Beef And Spinach Lasagna
|Ground beef||2 Pound, browned and drained (93/7 lean)|
|Baby spinach||10 Ounce|
|Brown onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Lasagne noodles||250 Gram|
|Canned tomato sauce||56 Ounce|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoon for sauce and 1 Tablespoon for sauteing)|
|Garlic cloves||6 , mince|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded mozzarella||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or more)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Dried oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 , mince|
|Whole milk ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Shredded mozzarella||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian spice||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, 4 cloves of minced garlic, Italian spice, salt and pepper, stir well to mix, cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. In a pot with boiling salted water, put in the noodles, cook and drain as per the packet instructions.
3. In a pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and saute onions and 6 tablespoons garlic until light brown in colour.
4. Add in tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in chopped tomatoes and allow to cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Stream in stewed tomatoes, stir and cook for 2 minutes and allow to simmer.
7. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and chilli flakes, dried oregano, basil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
8. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 25 minutes.
9. Add in the honey and vinegar, and stir and allow to simmer on very low heat stirring occasionally.
10. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
11. In a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish, put some sauce in the bottom.
12. Cover the sauce with noodle and sprinkle with little mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
13. Put the dollops of ricotta cheese mixture, leaving about 1 or 2 inch gap between the two.
14. Sprinkle more sauce on top and cover with spinach leaves.
15. Cover the sauce with noodle and sprinkle with little mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
16. Spread the meat on the top and drizzle with some sauce.
17. Cover the sauce with noodle and spread with more sauce.
18. Sprinkle with little mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
19. Cover with aluminium foil, make it like a small tent to avoid contact with top layer.
20. Put in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes
22. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and set for 25 minutes.
23. Cut and serve hot.
Calories 1011 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.6%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g139.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.7 mg74.9%
Sodium 2302.9 mg96%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 106% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 77.7% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet