|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||35 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna noodles||8 , cooked al dente and drained|
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Gently coat the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with butter.
3) In a saucepan, brown the beef stirring to break up the meat, until for about 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic powder.
5) Cook the beef mixture for 40 minutes, or until thickened.
6) In a bowl, mix together, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
7) Spoon one third of the sauce into the baking dish.
8) Place 4 noodles, half the cheese mixture over the sauce.
9) Sprinkle with the remaining sauce and half the mozzarella cheese.
10) Repeat the layers, starting with the noodles and ending with the mozzarella cheese.
11) Wrap the top of the pan with foil and secure tightly.
12) Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until heated through.
13) Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
14) Cut and serve hot with a small mixed salad.