Ricotta Lasagna Swirls
|Lasagna noodles||8 , cooked|
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made From Partially Skimmed)|
1) Thoroughly wash the spinach.
2) Finely chop them.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F.
4) Oil a 8 X 8-inch shallow baking dish and place aside.
5) In a pan, place the spinach and cover with a tight fitting lid.
6) Cook the spinach for 7 minutes over low heat.
7) Drain the spinach and squeeze to remove extra juice.
8) Add cheeses, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the spinach.
9) Evenly spread the mixture over each lasagna noodle along the entire length.
10) Roll the noodles and place in the baking dish on its side, without touching each other.
11) In a skillet, prepare the sauce by sautÃ©ing garlic and onions in oil.
12) Add tomato sauce, basil and seasonings to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
13) Spread the sauce to cover the lasagna swirls.
14) Place the baking dish inside oven to bake for 20 minutes.
15) Serve the lasagna swirls warm by garnishing with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.