Hearty Sausage Lasagne
|Hard salami/Cotto salami||16 Ounce (2 Packets Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Onion||1 , cut in 2 inch slices|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 Inch Length)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (Without Stems)|
|Oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tobasco sauce||2 Dash|
|Bacon pieces||1⁄4 Pound (1 Inch Pieces)|
|Lasagna noodles||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Sliced ricotta cheese/Drained large curd cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Packet)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated in blender|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Take 6 slices of the sausage meat and chop them into quarters. Chop the remaining meat into 3/4-inch squares.
3) Into the blender add in the 3/4-inch sausage pieces. With the Puree blade on, pulse about 6 times to finely chop the meat. Transfer the blended meat into a bowl.
4) Into the blender, add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, celery, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and tobasco sauce. Coarsely chop the onion using the Puree blade.
5) Into a saucepan, add in the pureed mix. Drop the chopped meat in, next. Cook the mixture on low heat by simmering for about 20 minutes.
6) In a skillet, fry the bacon strip till they become crisp. Drain them on paper towels.
7) Pour the bacon drippings into the simmering sauce.
8) Take a shallow 2-quart casserole. Spread about 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom. Next, add in layers 1/2 o the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta or cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers.
9) Pour the leftover sauce on top. Garnish with the quartered salami meat. Sprinkle leftover parmesan cheese on top.
10) Bake the lasagna for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and turn brown.
11) Slice the Sausage Lasagna and serve individual portions.