For the tomato sauce
1. Take a pan, heat up some oil and stir fry the onion and garlic,
2. Add canned tomato cubes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Mix well and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Baking the eggplant
3. Pour some olive oil in a baking dish and place the thin eggplant slices on top of it. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake in the oven at 220 degree Celsius (428 F ) for 15 minutes.
Cooking the spinach
5. In a deep pan heat up some olive oil and place the spinach in it pressing the leaves with a spatula. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
6. Take a 9 inch deep baking dish and cover the bottom with lasagna sheets.
7. Cover with a layer of the baked eggplant and distribute some spinach on top of that and cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese slices.
8. Cover this whole layer with the prepared tomato sauce and top this layer with some grated cheese.
9. Repeat this layering one more time and finish off with a final layer of lasagna sheets, tomato sauce and grated cheese. Spice it up by sprinkling some oregano on top. And pour some extra olive oil right on top.
10. Bake this in an oven at 220 degree Celsius (428 F) for 25 minutes.
Are you fond of Italian cuisine? Treat yourself to this delicious and healthy, meatless Homemade Eggplant and Spinach Lasagna recipe. The recipe never fails to impress as a main dish when entertaining non-meat eaters. Try making this Italian delicacy in your own kitchen today by following this step-by-step tutorial.