|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Sweet italian sausages||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes with tomato paste||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Italian herbs||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Lasagna noodles||1 Pound|
|Frozen spinach||20 Ounce, chopped, thawed and drained (2 Packets)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce (2 Packets)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large kettle, add in the ground beef and Italian sausages. Brown well. Remove the meat using a slotted spoon and set aside.
3) Retain 3 tablespoons of fat in the kettle while discarding the rest. Add in the onions and garlic and saute till they soften.
4) Add in the browned meat back into the kettle. Also add in the Italian tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, Italian herbs and pepper. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Meanwhile, cook the lasagna noodles as per its packet instructions. Drain and transfer into a large bowl of cold water.
6) In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the drained spinach, cottage cheese and 1 teaspoon of salt.
7) Drain the lasagna sheets on paper towels. Take 3 strips and arrange at the bottom of each of two 13X9X2-inch baking dishes.
8) Add a little bit of the cheese spinach mixture over the lasagna sheets. Add a little meat sauce over it and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top. Repeat the layers to use up all the ingredients.
9) Top with sliced mozzsrella cheese.
10) Bake for 30 minutes or until the top starts to bubble.
11) Serve hot.