|For meat sauce|
|Sweet italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Hot italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned italian style tomatoes||70 Ounce (2 Cans Of 2 Pound And 3 Ounce Each)|
|Canned tomato paste||24 Ounce (4 Cans Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lasagna noodles||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|For ricotta fillings|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||45 Ounce, drained (3 Containers Of 15 Ounce Each)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375 F.
2) To prepare the meat sauce, remove the outer casing from sausage meat.
3) Chop the meat roughly.
4) Keep a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic and stir fry for 20 minutes until brown.
5) Mix sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, the basil, fennel, pepper and chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly.
6) Mix undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 cup water and stir mashing the tomatoes.
7) Boil the mixture, decrease heat and Simmer. Stir and cover for 1 1/2 hours.
8) To prepare Ricotta Filling, in a large bowl mix ricotta, eggs, mozzarella, salt and parsley thoroughly.
9) In a 8-quart kettle boil 5 quarts water and 1 tablespoon.
10) Mix lasagna 2 or 3 at a time.
11) Boil and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
12) Drain out in colander, rinse under cold water and drain out. Put on paper towels to dry.
13) Take a casserole dish about 12 by 15 inches, 7-quart capacity and at the base spoon 4 cups sauce.
14) Reserve 16 lasagna. Put remaining lasagna in sauce arranging over the base.
15) Mound 2 cups Ricotta Filling over lasagna and spread evenly.
16) Spoon 4 cups sauce over it.
17) Spoon Ricotta Filling into 16 reserved lasagna. Use 1/3 cup for each.
18) Roll up lasagna, arrange and put the sealed side down in a single layer.
19) Fill more sauce over each rolled lasagna. Add extra sauce to make saucy lasagna.
20) Cover and refrigerate.
21) Take out from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour.
22) Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over it.
23) Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
24) Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
25) Cool before serving.
26) Heat remaining sauce to serve with lasagna.
27) Garnish the edge of dish with parsley sprigs.
28) Use one filled lasagna with some of lasagna and sauce underneath for every serving.