Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna
|Spinach lasagna sheets/Spinach pasta, fresh||9 (dried)|
|For spinach lasagna|
|Frozen spinach||1⁄2 Pound, thawed (225 gram)|
|All purpose flour/1 1/2 cups / 375 milliliter all purpose flour and 1/2 cup /125 milliliter semolina||625 Milliliter (2 1/2 cups)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Butter||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound, thinly sliced (450 gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Milk||750 Milliliter (3 cups)|
|For ricotta mixture|
|Ricotta cheese||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Egg||1 Small, beaten|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||165 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded (25 gram)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Remove the excess moisture from spinach and process in a blender or food processor with 1 egg, until pureed.
3) In a large bowl, mix the flours and seasonings together, make a depression, crack an egg and beat with a fork for 7- 8 strokes, then mix the flour.
4) Mix until the mixture is dry, then work in the pureed spinach to form a sticky dough, knead into a smooth and elastic ball. Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
5) Divide dough into 3 - 4 balls and cover them with a plastic wrap or a tea towel.
6) Roll each ball into an even thin sheet, with a pasta machine or with a rolling pin. Allow the sheets to rest before trimming.
7) In a large pan, cook the lasagna sheets in the boiling salted water, in batches for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on tea towels.
8) In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
9) Stir in the lemon juice and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
10) Stir in flour, cook for 30 seconds, then gradually stir in the milk. Stir continuously and cook, until thick and smooth.
11) In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 parsley and most of the Parmesan cheese.
12) In a greased large ovenproof dish, line some pasta sheets, with the sheets over the rim.
13) Cover with 1/3 ricotta mixture, 1/3 mozzarella and 1/3 mushroom sauce. Place another layer of pasta, and continue the layering, ending with the mushroom sauce on top.
14) Sprinkle with rest of the parsley and Parmesan cheese. Then fold over the pasta flaps and trim, if required so that they form a border around the lasagna.
15) Cover the dish loosely with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
16) Allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes before serving.
17) Serve the Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna, immediately on individual serving plates.