Ham and Mushroom Lasagna
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||810 Milliliter, sliced (3 1/4 cups)|
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||835 Milliliter, drained and finely chopped (3 1/3 cups)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lasagna sheets/2/3 pound/ 300 gram packaged lasagna||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Toasted breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (fresh, adjust quantity as needed)|
|Ham||12 Ounce, unsmoked, cut into strips (340 gram)|
|Mozzarella||8 Ounce, shredded (225 gram)|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , thinly sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) In a large pan, gently saute the onion in the oil, until soft.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.
4) Stir in the tomatoes and parsley, cook, covered for 40 minutes, stirring a little wine, if needed and season lightly with salt and pepper.
5) In a pan, cook the lasagna sheets in the boiling salted water in batches, until tender.
6) Remove the cooked lasagna sheets with a large flat slotted spoon or a skimmer and place on drain dry tea towels.
7) In a greased deep rectangular ovenproof dish, toss the bread crumbs to coat the sides, removing excess.
8) Place a layer of lasagna sheets over the bottom and up the sides.
9) Spoon in 1/3 sauce, cover with a layer of ham, then 1/3 mozzarella, then place a layer of 1/2 egg slices on top.
10) Cover these with a layer of lasagna sheets, 1/2 rest of the sauce, and continue the layers with the mozzarella on top, then fold over the lasagna sheets from the sides on top.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then allow to sit for 3 to 4 minutes in a warm place.
12) Serve the Ham and Mushroom Lasagna, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 908 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.3 mg74.8%
Sodium 946.4 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 76.2%
Calcium 46.2% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet