Tomato And Leek Lasagne
|Lasagne||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Streaky bacon||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried sweet basil||2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce:|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the lasagne in boiling salted water until tender, according to the packet directions.
2. Drain, rinse and dry on kitchen paper.
3. Remove the rind from the bacon and chop.
4. Wash the leeks and slice; re-wash to remove all the grit.
5. Skin the tomatoes and chop. Heat the oil in a pan, add the bacon, garlic and leeks.
6. Cook, stirring continuously, until the leeks are soft.
7. Add the tomatoes and basil, season and cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for a few minutes.
9. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
10. Add 50 g/2 oz of the cheese and cook, stirring, until it has melted. Season to taste.
11. Layer the lasagne with the leek and tomato mixture in an ovenproof dish.
12. Pour the sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
13. Bake in a moderately hot preheated oven (190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5) for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with a tossed salad.
Calories 1546 Calories from Fat 622
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.9 mg44%
Sodium 1819.3 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 254.4% Vitamin C 180.4%
Calcium 91.1% Iron 95.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet