|Sweet sausage/Hot italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Dried)|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes/1 can 2 lb, 3 oz italian-style tomatoes-||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Canned Or Undrained)|
|Canned tomato paste||12 Ounce|
|Curly lasagna noodles||12|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||15 Ounce|
|Mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
1) Remove and take out the sausage meat from outer casings and chop the meat.
2) In a pot, bring 3 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil.
3) Add lasagna sheets, 2 or 3 at a time.
4) Allow to boil, uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or just until tender.
5) Drain the lasagna in colander; rinse under cold water.
6) Dry lasagna on paper towels.
7) In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute sausage meat, beef,
onion, and garlic, stirring constantly, until well browned for 20 minutes.
8) Mix in the sugar, 1-tablespoon salt, basil, fennel, pepper and half the parsley.
9) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/2-cup water, mashing tomatoes with wooden spoon.
10) Allow the tomato mixture to boil and reduce heat
11) Put the lid on and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick—1-1/2 hours.
13) Preheat oven to 375F.
14) In a bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, remaining parsley, and salt; mix.
15) In the bottom of 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish, spread 1-1/2 cups sauce.
16) Make layers of 6 lasagna, lengthwise and overlapping, to cover.
17) Smear with half of ricotta mixture; top with third of mozzarella.
18) Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce over cheese and dredge with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
19) Repeat the layering, starting with 6 lasagna and ending with 1-1/2 cups sauce sprinkled with Parmesan.
20) Smear with remaining sauce and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
21) Wrap the top of baking dish with foil, tucking around edge.
22) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
23) Remove the baking dish from oven and remove the foil.
24) Return the baking dish to the oven and bake, uncovered for 25 minutes more, or until bubbly.
25) Allow to cool for15 minutes before serving.
26) Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.