|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chopped onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||8 Ounce, cooked, crumbled|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed canned plum tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Ricotta cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked enriched lasagna macaroni||4 Ounce, cooked according to package directions|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a 2-quart saucepan and heat oil in it.
3) Saute onions and garlic for about 3 minutes in it until onions are translucent.
4) Mix in beef and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften.
5) Stir in tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
6) Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
7) In the meantime, take a bowl and mix together ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, parsley and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in it and then keep aside.
8) Take an 8 x 8-inch baking pan; spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of it and then cover with alternate layers of cooked lasagna macaroni, cheese mixture, and meat sauce, ending with a layer of meat sauce.
9) Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven.
10) Take off the lasagna from oven and keep aside for 15 minutes.
11) Serve at once.