|Whole wheat lasagna noodle sheets||9|
|Sliced zucchini||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Frozen spinach||12 Ounce, thawed|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions/Chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared tomato sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella||3 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the lasagna for about 8 minutes until they become tender. Rinse, drain and set aside.
3) Steam the zucchini slices for 2 minutes or until they become soft. Keep aside.
4) In a pan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic over medium flame. After about 4 minutes or until after they've softened, mix in the spinach. Cook till all the liquid dissipates.
5) In a blender, puree ricotta, cottage cheese, parmesan, green onions and egg white to get a smooth paste.
6) In the baking dish, spread 1 1/3 cups of tomato sauce evenly on the base. Place 3 lasagna sheets on top and spread half of the pureed paste to form the third layer. Finish with a layer of the entire spinach mixture.
7) Repeat the layers - 1 cup tomato sauce, 3 lasagna sheets, remaining ricotta mixture and all of the steamed zucchini.
8) The next layers comprise of 1 cup tomato sauce, 3 lasagna sheets, remaining tomato sauce and lastly a sprinkling of mozzarella to cover the topmost layer.
9) Bake covered for 45 to 55 minutes.
10) Serve the Vegetable Lasagna hot.