|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Streaky bacon slice||4 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Lean beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, minced (700 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomato||14 Ounce (1 Tin, 400 Grams)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Mixed herbs/Basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna sheets||10 Ounce, ready cooked (215 Gram)|
|For cheese sauce|
|Flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram)|
1) Heat oven to 350Â°F/180Â°C/Gas 4.
2) In a skillet hot oil/butter and cook bacon pieces until crisp.
3) Add onion and garlic and stir until soft.
4) Add meat and brown well.
5) Mix tomatoes, puree, stock, herbs, and seasoning.
6) Boil the mixture and simmer on less heat for 20 minutes.
7) Stir in between to avoid the meat sticking.
8) Let stand to cool for sometime.
9) Remove fat from the top.
10) Stir in flour into fat. Stir into the dish to thicken the sauce.
11) To prepare Cheese sauce - in a saucepan melt oil and butter.
12) Mix flour and make a roux.
13) Pour milk and stir until boiling.
14) Take off from heat, add cream, cheese, nutmeg and seasoning.
15) Stir until cheese melts.
16) Grease a large rectangle baking dish with butter.
17) At the base spread half the meat and cover with sheets of lasagne.
18) Arrange half the cheese sauce on top.
19) Repeat layers until all ingredients are used ending with cheese sauce.
20) Add extra cheese grated on top.
21) Bake for 40 minutes until browned.
22) Serve with green salad and garlic bread.
23) Prepare this dish in advance and let stand for 1 hour. The cooking time can be reduced by 10 minutes.