Lasagne Ring Mold
|Lasagna||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1. Prepare the lasagna according to the manufacturers instructions
2. Rinse the lasagna under hot running water to remove the surface starch
3. Preheat the oven to 190° C / 375° F / Gas Mark 5
4. Butter a ring mould (900-ml / 1 1/2-pt size)
5. Line the ring mould with the cooked pieces of the lasagna.
6. Set aside till required
7. In a large pan, tip in the bacon
8. Fry the bacon till it’s cooked
9. Add the onions and cook till it is soft. If the pan becomes too dry, add some extra butter and fry well
10. Mix the cheese, eggs, egg yolks, cream and milk.
11. Add the contents of the frying pan to the egg mixture and mix well
12. Check the seasoning and adjust it
13. Carefully tip this mixture into the prepared tin
14. Stand the mould in a roasting tin two-thirds full of hot water and bake in the oven at 190° C / 375° F / Gas Mark 5 for 45 minutes, or until the custard has just set.
15. Place a heated serving dish upside down over the mould.
16. Invert the mould and plate and give a sharp shake to dislodge the lasagna on to the plate.
17. Serve hot with sauce and sour cream