|Dried lasagna sheets||9 (No-Presoak)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Lean minced beef||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||13 Ounce (1 Can, 400 Gram)|
|Skimmed milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , halved|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onions in the oil for 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and saute for further 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the herbs, tomato puree and beef, stir continuously and saute for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, simmer covered for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) In a small saucepan, add the onion halves inserted with the cloves in the milk and heat until it just begins to boil. Turn off the heat and keep aside for 15 minutes, discard the onion halves and cloves.
6) In a saucepan, stir the flour in the melted butter and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the skimmed milk, beating the sauce over a medium heat until thickened.
7) Stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted, add the salt and pepper to taste and keep aside.
8) Grease an oval or rectangular 1.75 litre ovenproof dish. Spoon 1/3 meat mixture at the bottom, spread over 1/4 cheese sauce and cover with 3 sheets of lasagne.
9) Repeat the layering process two more times, with a layer of lasagne on top. Cover with rest of the cheese sauce and sprinkle over the grated Parmesan cheese.
10) Bake the lasagne in the preheated oven for an hour.
11) Serve immediately with a crusty bread and fresh green salad.