|Lasagna noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen condensed cream of shrimp soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Canned king crabmeat||14 Ounce (Two 7 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Basil leaf||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled, sliced|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Into a large kettle of boiling salted water, slide the lasagne noodles, a few at a time so that there is no breaking. Keep the noodles from sticking by adding olive oil or vegetable oil. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, till the noodles are soft. Drain and cover with cold water.
3) In a large heavy saucepan or a double boiler, thaw the soup slowly, frequently stirring.
4) Drain the crabmeat and flake it, removing any thin bony tissues very carefully, and stir the meat into the soup. Heat till the mixture is bubbly.
5) In a large bowl, blend together the cottage cheese, cream cheese, egg, onion, salt and pepper.
6) Lightly grease a 13x9x2 baking dish and line the bottom with a single layer of noodles. Use tongs to life each strip separately from the water and drain by holding over the kettle for a bit. Place half of the cheese mixture on tip and place another single layer of noodles and then top with all over the crab sauce. Top with the remaining cheese mixture and arrange tomato slices on the top in a single layer. Till this point, the casserole can be put together days ahead. Store by chilling it and when it is time to bake, remove from the fridge and allow to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese all over and bake for another 45 minutes. Allow to stand for about 15 minutes and then cut into 8 servings.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 1780.7 mg74.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 37 g73.3%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet