Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
|Eggplant||1 Large, cubed|
|Zucchini||2 , cubed|
|Sweet pepper||1 Large, cubed (Red / Green)|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna noodles||10 Ounce (9 Thick Or 12 Narrow Ones)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare Ingredients required.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
3. In a large nonstick roasting pan, toss eggplant, zucchini, sweet pepper, and carrots with 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, sautéing occasionally, until evenly browned and tender. Remove from the oven.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
In the mean time, in a skillet heat remaining oil over moderate heat
6. Sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
7. Tip in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and herbs.
8. Simmer sauce for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
Simultaneously, boil the lasagne in boiling salted water cooking it until barely tender.
9. Drain, refresh and leave to drain in a colander.
10. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg white, and parsley.
11. In a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish, ladle and spread 1/4 of the tomato sauce
12. Layer 1/3 of the lasagne over the sauce.Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the pasta and layer the roasted vegetables on top and then again 1/3 of the remaining sauce over it.
13. Repeat the layering
14. Spread the remaining sauce over the final layer of pasta and scatter the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on the very top.
15. Bake for about 45 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
16. Cut into serving size portions and serve straight from the baking dish on to the plates at the table.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.4 mg11.8%
Sodium 485.8 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 132.9% Vitamin C 117.5%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet