Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
|Chopped onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Fat free chicken broth||3 Tablespoon (Healthy Valley)|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|No salt tomato sauce||30 Ounce (2 Cans Of 15 Ounce Each)|
|Crushed dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and well drained (1 Package)|
|Nonfat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , lightly beaten|
|Italian seasoning blend||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat lasagna noodles||4 Ounce (Uncooked)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Take thawed frozen spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible from it.
3) Mix together the spinach with cottage cheese, egg whites and Italian seasoning blend.
4) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, allow onion and garlic to be cooked for 3 minutes in broth until they become tender and changes color.
5) Stir in mushrooms and sauté until they become soft and release their juices.
6) Bring the sauce to a boil after pouring in tomato sauce, honey, oregano, basil and white pepper and boil gently for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors of seasonings to blend with the other ingredients.
7) Take an 8-inch baking pan and pour over 1/2 cup sauce at the bottom of it.
8) Break noodles to fit the pan and then cover the sauce with one third of the noodles, 1 1/2 cups sauce and half the cottage cheese mixture.
9) Continue layering with noodles, 1 1/4 cups sauce and remaining cottage cheese and then with a layer of remaining noodles.
10) Top with remaining sauce (about 1 cup) and bake in the preheated oven, covering pan, for 1 hour.
11) Take off the cover and again bake for 15-30 minutes longer until pasta is soft and cooked well.
12) Serve hot.