Spaghetti Alia Bolognese
|Spaghetti||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|For bolognese sauce|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Rindless bacon rashers||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery stick||1 , diced|
|Lean minced beef||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can, 425 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, saute the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and bacon in the oil until soft and golden.
2) Stir in the beef, stir frequently and cook until browned.
3) Pour in the red wine, allow to boil and cook over a medium heat until the mixture is almost dry. Then sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
4) Pour in the milk and dash of the grated nutmeg, stir well and cook further until the mixture absorbs the milk.
5) Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and sugar. Then simmer and cook over a low heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the sauce is reduced and has a nice colour.
6) In a saucepan allow the salted water to boil, add the spaghetti and oil and cook until tender. Drain well and sprinkle with the pepper.
7) Toss with the Bolognese sauce, sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.