|Onions||1 Pound, sliced|
|Carrots||1 Pound, diced|
|Celery head||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal flour||3 Ounce|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Pound, grated|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degree.
2) In the oil, saute the carrots, onions and celery for about 10 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes and mushrooms together with the seasoning and herbs. Cook for 15 more minutes over medium flame.
4) Cook the lasagne by addint the pasta strips to a large pan of boiling water which is salted and cooking over low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes and then stir in the milk. Heat till the mixture has thickened and then add the bay leaf. Cover the pan and allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
6) To the sauce, add half of the cheese and stir properly.
7) At the bottom of a large ovenproof dish, arrange a layer of the vegetable mix. Cover with a layer of the pasta and then add about 1/3rd of the cheese sauce. Repeat till 3 layers have been completely formed and put the remaining cheese all over the final layer.
8) Bake in oven for nearly 1 1/4 hours or till the top has turned golden and is bubbling.
9) Serve hot.