|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes||19 Ounce (2 Can)|
|No salt added tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Low fat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Lasagna noodles||8 Ounce|
|Shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
1. Saute onions and garlic in PURITAN Oil in large skillet on medium heat until soft.
2. Push to one side of skillet.
3. Put in ground beef cook, stirring well, to crumble beef. Drain, if necessary.
4. Put in tomatoes and break into smaller pieces.
5. Put in tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper and let it simmer 30 minutes.
6. Combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley and set aside.
7. Cook lasagna noodles 7 minutes in unsalted boiling water and drain well.
8. Heat oven to 350°F.
9. Place thin layer of meat sauce in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
10. Put in layers half the noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 2 tablespoons. Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup mozzarella, and thin layer of sauce.
11. Repeat noodle and cheese layers and top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/3 cup mozzarella.
12. Let it bake at 350°F for 45 minutes and stand 15 minutes before serving. Cut in rectangles about 3 x 4 inches.