|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flavored meat||6 Ounce (1 Pack Original Flavoured Veggie Meat)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided into thirds|
|Whole peeled tomatoes||25 Ounce (2)|
|Spanish onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and liquid squeezed out (1 Package)|
|Parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Begin by making the sauce. In a pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over low-medium heat. Add the onion and carrot, sauté for 8 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, bay leaf, marjoram, chili flakes and season with salt and pepper, stir for 1 minute. Pour in cans of whole peeled tomatoes and bring to a boil. Begin to crush the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Reduce back to a simmer and continue to cook for 1 hour uncovered. Stir the veggie meat into the sauce.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. While oven preheats in another mixing bowl combine ricotta, Parmesan, oregano, basil, egg yolks and season with salt and pepper.
4. To assemble the lasagna, begin by ladling 1 cup of sauce into the bottom of the lasagna dish. Arrange three sheets of lasagna noodle. Layer with another cup of sauce, 1 cup of the ricotta mixture, and a third of the mozzarella.
5. Repeat for the next (second) layer.
6. For the third layer, lay the noodles then the final third of the mozzarella. Top the cheese with sauce and distribute dollops of ricotta evenly.
7. Finally, evenly distribute the remaining sauce around the dollops of ricotta so that the ricotta is still visible.
8. Cover the lasagna dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Uncover the lasagna and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Allow the lasagna to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
The Hot Plate is your complete guide to culinary confidence!
Are you looking to start with the basics? Our 30-second ‘how-to’ videos teach you everything from simple knife skills to a chiffonade. Need inspiration for dinner tonight? We upload new 5-minute episodes every Tuesday as well as multiple weekly recipes with step-by-step photos. Need a new way to use up leftovers? Just type the ingredients into our search bar and we’ll show you tons of mouth-watering meal ideas!
Please visit www.thehotplate.com for more recipes and videos.